read more day by day

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Playing Catch Up: From Four to Five

It's been quite a long while since I last blogged on a personal level. Life became a little chaotic before it turned completely upside down, and "upside down" happened last fall. I'll write about that sometime soon. "But first, let me take a selfie."

Meet Tucker



Tucker Isaac arrived early, but right on time at the beginning of May. He wasn't due until mid-June. He and I had issues with my blood pressure, which wasn't anything new for me. Both of his older siblings experienced preeclampsia with this mama, too. The difference with this little guy is that we had a curve ball thrown our way. Tucker's placenta played out six weeks early and he began losing amniotic fluid. We were so fortunate that my maternal/fetal medicine doctor spotted the decrease in fluid during a routine weekly ultrasound. I was admitted into the hospital to monitor both my blood pressure and fluid levels. While the BP was doing pretty good (as long as I wasn't moving), the fluid levels decreased even after receiving a 24 hour IV. The decision to induce was far more popular with my husband and I than with the doctors. After several nights of being separated from my family, he and I were both of the "poop or get off the pot" mentality. However, Tucker was short of the ideal 34 weeks the doctors had hoped we'd get to. In the end, we won.

I'll spare you the induction, labor and delivery details (for now), and just let you know that Tucker is very healthy (see the pic above!), having grown tremendously from his 3 lbs. 14.6 oz. birth weight. He is a sweet boy, a very good baby (thank you, Jesus!). And it's time for him to eat and get to bed now, but I look forward to sharing more of the story with you soon. There's a lot to tell, that's for sure.

Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails