I think of myself as pretty technologically savvy, but then again, everything is relative.
I am on a team of folks about to jointly lead some sister organizations into the social media world. A consultant has been hired and as skeptical as I was, he taught me a few things today.
I've looked at iGoogle a few times but dismissed it. I get the gist of dashboards, but have so much more to do with my social networking than status updates. Therefore, a dashboard is quite limiting. However, I'm writing this blog post from a gadget on my iGoogle page. We'll see if it comes through ... :o)
A couple of other tidbits I took away from today are Ping.fm. I've seen references to it, but never have had the time to investigate it. I will be now. According to Nhat Pham, our consultant, you can write one status at Ping.fm and it will distribute that status update to all of your social networks.
Another cool tool is Xobni (inbox, spelled backwards). It's an Outlook add-in and is basically a social media dashboard, too. Wonder if our IS department will have a fit if I download it and hook it up?
I'm looking forward to our next meeting and to what Mr. Pham has up his sleeve ...
No comments:
Post a Comment