read more day by day

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

audacious faith

My pre-order copy of Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible was backordered. Today is the release day. So after running an errand this morning, I checked out Family Christian Bookstore. Yep, they have 10. In a box. Somewhere in the back. Don't know when it'll be unpacked.
Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the ImpossibleOkay.

How about Barnes & Noble? Sure, they have ONE copy. It's around here somewhere. Look high, look low. Look in the Christian Inspiration section. Look in the New Non-Fiction section. Look in the other Christian sections, just to be sure it wasn't misplaced. Not to be found. Hold on, let's call another B&N. Nope, they have three copies but haven't found them yet either.

How can my search for this book not pan out? Why is it so unattainable?

I gave in, came home, and logged in to Amazon to order with two-day shipping. It'll be here Thursday, but I really, really wanted it today.

To tide me over and prep my soul, I'm listening to author and Pastor Steven Furtick preach for 24 hours. God must have something for me to hear before I can start the book.

Are you reading it? You should. Let's find out together what audacious faith looks like, and then let's stretch ourselves into fostering audacious faith. Let's see what God can do when we dare to ask the impossible. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails