read more day by day

Sunday, January 08, 2012

square stick wreath

My babies and I enjoyed picking up sticks in the yard yesterday and breaking them down for this wreath.


We used our four biggest sticks as the frame, twisting wire around the corners to connect the pieces. We used wood glue to secure the sticks to the frame.


The wreath was allowed to sit and dry overnight - probably a full 24 hours, but even so, two or three sticks fell off when we picked it up.


I was going for a very simple wreath to display right now in the dead of winter. No extra frills. The wreath is hung by a piece of burlap garland (buy it by the roll at Ben Franklin for about $5) and a piece of twine which I wove through the garland to avoid ripping it. Once the garland was cinched to create the twine hanger, I tied a simple burgundy ribbon on it. I didn't buy any special ribbon especially for the project, just used what I had. I think this would really reflect the season with a wide white ribbon. Maybe on my next trip out ...


Happy Crafting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails