I met a woman blessed by God and sharing His love this past weekend. Melissa Taylor enlightened 49 ladies and myself about piracy. Piracy is the unauthorized use of another's production. In "religious" terms, it's Satan's unauthorized use of God's creation. Specifically, you and I. Satan has no authority over us and if we order him out of our lives in the name of Jesus Christ, he will be forced out. While that sounds easy enough, Satan is continually feeding negative, hateful or deceitful thoughts into our minds. Self-doubt comes from Satan, just as self-absorption.
Saturday night, I forced out the pirates in exchange for God's treasure - a verse of His Word just for me.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5-6
Basically, if I'll only trust God completely and without doubt, He'll show me my way and reveal the plans He has for me.
So long, house hanging over my head!
So long, quick temper!
So long, time deprivation!
Today I spent the morning hours in devotional time. "Dwell time with God," as a new friend put it, must be a priority in my life. While I do not have three hours each day to study and breathe in His Word, I will be carving out at least an hour. The more time I spend with Him, the farther away the pirates will be.
Blessings to you, friends.
-Casey
casey, found your blog through one of your posts from facebook i think. dont remember. anyway, i have been experiencing the same things. well, my pirates tend to be quick temper, impatience, getting offended easily, and all those other wonderful things that come out of you as soon as you become a mother of a toddler. last year i felt like God was calling me to spend time with Him each morning. i started too dedicate time to Him and it wasnt easy but completely worth it. He always gets my day off to a good start, it is like if i spend time with God, He orders the timing of my day perfectly and i get more done than if i had spent the time working or sleeping. i try to spend the first part of my day with God and it doesnt always happen. even if i give Him five minutes it is still better than nothing. plus, He understands that sometimes kids wake up earlier than expected! sorry to go on so long. just wanted to say that i am right there with ya!
ReplyDeletedo you ever listen to joyce meyer? you can get her free podcast on itunes. also, if you want i have some teaching cds on anger by her, if youre interested send me an email on facebook.