read more day by day

Saturday, January 29, 2011

a new project. y'all ready?

Last year I created an account at the site http://365project.org/, a site where users can share a photo each day for 365 days. It's a creative outlet for amateurs and professionals alike. Wellll ... I have 47 entries with my last being in November.

My 365 Project photo for August 21, 2010 of my precious
niece who is still waiting on her baby blanket.
I have good intentions when I begin projects, it's the follow-through that gets me. For instance, I began knitting my newest niece a baby blanket in either late 2009 or early 2010. She was born this past August and I have yet to finish her blanket. It's almost done! Only a few more rows! But ... I laid it down and have not yet picked it back up.

Does it come from being held to high standards at work where it's not acceptable to not complete a task? Is it just laziness? Why can't I ever finish anything I start unless I'm being paid to? I'm not going to let the questions and negativity keep me down. I'm starting a new project (smirk).

This just might drive you crazy, especially when only God knows what the content will be, but I'm setting off on a journey that begins today. A blog post a day for ... 60 days. (Let's start small. Achievable goals are always better, and not just in weight loss.)

My reason for blogging each day? I'm always near a computer and love to write anyway (heck, I get paid to write). Why didn't the photo-a-day project work out? I was always on the hunt for the perfect photo, unable to settle for a simple snapshot. That hunt equals time, plus then sitting down to weed through my captures and upload "the one". Writing is definitely more of my forte than photography, although it's a love I will always have and pursue, just not on a calendar.

To help you keep count on this project, or in case you drop off the grid for a few days or plain ol' start ignoring me, I'll add a line at the bottom of the post below my signature, just as you see on this one. It's a momentous occasion! Pray for me!





Gettin' Her Groove Back: 1/60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails