As I drove home tonight, I thought about our talk. The idea of "have" versus "have not" is relative and it's all in where your faith lies. No, I don't have the financial means to be as frivolous as I used to be, but I have what I need to get by. Sure, my co-workers see me in the same clothes all the time and my shoes are showing some wear, but my clothes aren't threadbare and my shoes don't have holes in them. Everything I need in my life has been provided. My faith in God and His promise to take care of me allows me to move from my dollar-doling yesterdays into satisfied tomorrows.
Whenever you're having "one of those days," consider the millions of people who would gladly take it in exchange for their incessant hunger and thirst, or the winter chill they can't escape. Remember that this, too, shall pass.
31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:31-33 (NIV)
Be Blessed and Love One Another,
Casey
No comments:
Post a Comment