As much as I might want to hold onto this relationship and continue to battle for acceptance, I'm letting it go. I'm giving it to God and asking Him to bless it for His good and let come what may.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
cure for a heavy heart
My heart is heavy today. I don't care to elaborate, but suffice it to say that I'm heartsick from trying to make things right in a certain relationship when clearly they never will be.
Like all smart Christian girls, I turn to God's Word for solace and comfort. The Psalms are always the best starting point, and I found this today in chapter 34, verse 18, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." John records the words of Jesus in chapter 14, verse 27 when he writes, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
As much as I might want to hold onto this relationship and continue to battle for acceptance, I'm letting it go. I'm giving it to God and asking Him to bless it for His good and let come what may.
As much as I might want to hold onto this relationship and continue to battle for acceptance, I'm letting it go. I'm giving it to God and asking Him to bless it for His good and let come what may.
labels:
christianity,
family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment