read more day by day

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"it's a 'no' for me, sorry"

I've told you before about the kitchen dancing/singing parties that occur in my house. We've been at it again. This time, my daughter was trying to do her homework while listening to her mp3 player. (Okay, so really, it was just me being the goofy one this time.) She sings along with her music but insists that she doesn't. So she's "singing" and I can't help but mock her ... in my best operatic voice (which isn't good at all, but very obnoxious). Suddenly, she lays her pencil down, takes her earbuds out, and turns to me to say, "I want to tell you something but it's going to hurt your feelings." I told her to go on, there's no way she'd hurt my feelings. She says, "Okay, since we're girlfriends ... if you were on American Idol, you wouldn't be going to Hollywood."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails