On two separate occasions, I have been awoken by my coughing son in the middle of the night. It's nothing major, but persistent, and it keeps him from a restful sleep. On both occasions, I prayed for God to silence his cough and let him sleep peacefully the rest of the night. Do you know that those prayers were answered each time I asked them? Within in minutes, even. It's truly miraculous that God is with us all the time and listening to us. All the time.
So now you're asking why He doesn't answer every prayer uttered. Well, according to Matthew in chapter 21, verse 22, He does. The trouble you'd find in this? God answers prayers but not always in the way you envisioned He would. Matthew says, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." You think you know what's good for you, but the only one who truly knows is the Creator. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" - Jeremiah 29:11
Lastly, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6. That's the best advice I can leave you with today. Hold onto it and make it your own.
-Casey
No comments:
Post a Comment