Lately I've been praying for a clear mind and the ability to focus on the tasks at hand. I believe that jumping those hurdles will allow me to better glorify God and bring harmony to my life. We should all strive to consider His will first, others second, and ourselves last.
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. -Philippians 3:7
A while ago my daily devotion action item was to seek God in prayer and ask Him to show me His will for my life. In that prayer time he clearly showed me a word. Literally, the word "TEACH" came into my mind. And literally, I said, "no, God, I don't want to teach." (NOTE: Don't say "no" to God) If you obey His command, you can do more than you ever imagined you could.
So am I teaching now? Well, not in the "school teacher" kind of way, but the day after He gave me my orders, He opened a door for me to teach, yes. I am now leading my small group (notice I didn't say that I'm teaching my small group ... ALL of them have been Christians far longer than I, and some know the Bible like the back of their hand). I feel God using me, however. I'm growing by leaps and bounds because I am now held accountable to know my stuff as I lead discussions. It's amazing.
I think I got off topic a little, but what I really wanted to do tonight is share an excerpt of Priscilla Shirer's Discerning
"I begin my quiet time, but then the phone rings and I answer. Satan cheers.Just as I told a friend to never let anyone own her emotions, I'm telling you to never let Satan ruin your time with God. Be diligent in giving Him your time and He will give you so much more.
I wait until the end of the day to listen to God, but then find myself too tired to stretch my spiritual earlobes. Satan applauds.
In the stillness of the morning, I lean my elbows on heaven's windowsill to commune with the Lord, but then I decide to read my e-mail first. Satan laughs."
No comments:
Post a Comment