read more day by day

Monday, October 11, 2010

hold on, my heart

Have you thought about the changes you've made in your life and said to yourself, "I'm doing good!" only to have a moment that brings back a flash of your old self? I had a moment like that yesterday.

Something, no, someone that I desperately want to be was bestowed upon another. Sharon is a great writer, no doubt, and extremely charismatic. She's a fine example of what a Christian woman should be. My surge of jealousy was personal and had nothing to do with her; it could have been anyone that the Lord chose to anoint. The issue is that it wasn't me.

The Anointing by Stephen St. Claire
Furious with myself, I let my husband know that I needed prayer - on the double - to still my jealous heart and wipe it clean. His words were so perfect that I felt as though it were Jesus texting me rather than James. "Your time will come as long as you are not ignoring what you're called to do," I read. Does God speak or what?

So to Sharon, if you're reading, I wholeheartedly congratulate you! You have what it takes to do what has been declared, and I hope to be following along behind you shortly. I have a gigantic hug for you when next we meet. And no, I'm not jealous anymore. :)

Resting at the feet of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails