My daughter's perfecting her pliƩ, my son is in his father's care, and I am perched alongside a window at Barnes & Noble taking advantage of free wi-fi, a less-than-$2 cup of coffee, and uninterrupted me time.
Women (moms, especially) are caretakers. We make sure everyone has clean clothes, hot meals, the best of what's offered. We take the leftovers. The meal that needs to be microwaved to warm it again, almost-warm showers, the last moments of the day.
It's not a complaint, it's a real observation. We give much and honestly, ask little in return. That depends on who you talk to, of course. Children hear us asking for a great deal more than they're willing to give. Husbands, too, for that matter.
At any rate, I'm taking this moment to regroup and give myself a mental break. No little one to chase, no big one to correct and quiet, and no big-big one to complain to. Just me, the laptop, a cup of coffee, and Jesus.
You can turn to him, too, and he will give you rest.
"My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." - Exodus 33:14

No comments:
Post a Comment