This is what stepping out in faith is all about ...
Ever want to do something for others but just don't have all the logistics planned out and every need accounted for? I'm there.
So what's the problem? Filling these shoe boxes takes a little bit of money. In each one can be toys, candy, clothes, personal hygiene items, etc. (I am notorious for going overboard.) In addition, each box has a suggested donation of $7 to cover shipping costs. If families are already packaging a couple of boxes with fun goodies for kids ages 2-14, should we then ask them to donate $14 to ship those two boxes? Right now, with money kind of tight, I'm hesitant.
Online raffles are illegal, or else I had a great plan to offer up one of my prized Longaberger baskets or pottery pieces. So what else can I do? Suggestions are invited and welcome through the comment link. If you'd rather keep your correspondence private, email me at jccjhiggins@gmail.com.
Praying for OCC,

Have a pie social at your church. Everbody loves pie. Get the members to make pies and charge tickets (a buck or two)...you could do you raffle there too. Of course, I don't know how soon you need this as this may take a bit more time than you may have.
ReplyDeleteI think what you are doing is GREAT! Ask the church if you can set up a table in the lobby one Sunday and have a bake sale or something. Stress that all proceeds would go to this operation. I would donate my banana bread! :)
ReplyDelete