read more day by day

Saturday, February 12, 2011

give time

I was blessed to spend time with my parents today. We invited them to visit so we could honor my mom for her birthday. It was a relaxing day free of schedules and pressures (for some of us anyway; James was working at church most of the day).

The kids entertained and we caught up on the events of days that have been slipping past way too fast. It was an easy day. Simple conversation. Warm, fuzzy love.

At least twice my daddy thanked me for my time today. For allowing them into my normally busy Saturday. I was humbled. Their Saturdays are just as busy as mine, and besides, have I kept them at arms' length? If so, it hasn't been intentional. It's just the pace right now.

If you're reading, Daddy and Mama, I love you, and you're welcome to enjoy any Saturday with me that you ever desire.

Happy Birthday, Mama!





Gettin' Her Groove Back: 14/60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails