read more day by day

Friday, February 04, 2011

i'm a helicopter mom

There's no more denying it, I'm a helicopter mom.

Courtesy The POWerful Word
I don't think that's true in the way Wikipedia describes it - hovering over all things school related - but it is true with regard to losing control of the welfare of my children.

Annnnddd queue the emails.

Yep, control freak. That's me, when it comes to my kids. To say that I don't trust other people might be a little too harsh of a statement. I think it's really that I would rather be the one responsible for the car accident they may be in. I'd rather be the one cleaning up their puke when they're sick. I'm their mom and being responsible for them is my job.

This itch to manage doesn't overtake me until they're gone overnight out-of-town, such as they are this weekend. I trust their grandparents and know they are perfectly safe, however, if something happens while I'm two and a half hours away, I'm. Gonna. Freak. Out.

So now I've shown you not only that I am a controlling helicopter parent, but also that I am a pessimist who is just waiting for THAT phone call. Whew. It's stressful to be me.





Gettin' Her Groove Back: 7/60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails